We all need a safe place to call home…
(Singer/Songwriter: Jana Stanfield)
There are a lot of simple ways you can help to make a meaningful difference in addressing homelessness, either as an individual or as an organization. Get more information at the CLOSE TO HOME website: www.closetohomeco.org
- Learn More. Increase understanding of staff and partners, friends and family, about causes and solutions to homelessness.
- With Us. Take the CLOSE TO HOME Pledge. We will communicate your support to decision makers. Your voice makes a difference!
- Share CLOSE TO HOME information through your business or group’s social media (hashtag #CloseToHomeCO), blog and newsletter.
- Show It. Put a link to the CLOSE TO HOME website on your website. Add the CLOSE TO HOME logo and/or messages to your materials and paid advertising, co-branding to show your support.
- Involve Others. Share information about CLOSE TO HOME with staff, partners and others in meetings and at events.
- You’re It. Tell elected officials it is important to your organization that everyone has a safe place to call home. Here are some tips on how to do this.
- Kind Words. Use smarter, kinder language. By using expressions such as “people experiencing homelessness” rather than labels, we remind ourselves and others that people who are in such situations are people – people who are going through a difficult period in their lives.