Family Volunteer Day
November 18, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Please join Philanthropy Field Trips for Family Volunteer Day on Saturday, November 18th for a day of giving. This is a great way to start off the holidays while benefiting your community and having fun! We are partnering with History Colorado, and all participants will receive FREE access to the museum, which has amazing exhibits, including El Movimiento: the Chicano Movement in Colorado.
Some of the things we will be doing:
- Creating key chains for families going from shelters into new homes
- Decorating bags used to deliver meals to people with life-threatening illnesses
- Cultural exchange – come learn some words from different parts of the world
- Letter writing to Congress to encourage them to be civil and work together
- Putting together Thanksgiving food boxes for families who need a little help
- Making dog and cat toys for homeless animals
- Handing out flowers to strangers and wishing them a good day
- Other surprise projects – come find out what they are
No matter how you define family, you will not want to miss out on the fun!
All are welcome!