ASISTA Immigration Assistance invites you to:
U Visas under Trump: Advanced Topics & Emerging Issues
Thursday, May 11, 2017
Co-sponsored by: AILA Colorado, Violence Free Colorado, Project Safeguard, Meyer Law Office, Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network (RMIAN), Swenson Law Office
Conference/CLE room Rathod | Mohamedbhai LLC
2701 Lawrence Street, Suite 100
Denver, Colorado 80205
Register here at this link: https://asista.z2systems.com/np/clients/asista/event.jsp?event=9&
In this interactive training national and local experts will identify and discuss with participants overcoming barriers to successful U cases and protecting clients in the current political climate. USCIS representatives will join us for policy discussion and Q & A.
- Interactive Case-Rounds: Strategies for complex scenarios in presenting cases and responding to CIS, and considering the impact of recent executive actions
- Hot Topics-Responding to RFEs/denials, including criminal issues (juvenile offenses, requests for police reports), relief for those on the waitlist (parole and EAD), overcoming fixing reinstatement and failure to voluntarily depart, and other issues emerging in recent RFEs and denials.
- Protecting Clients Against Removal: Creative Strategies and Skills Building, including ICE safety planning, preparing for detention and removal attempts, and employing multiple strategies to stop efforts to deny, detain and deport survivors
- Intersections with Other Forms of Survivor-Based Relief: What other relief should you be considering and pursuing for survivors?
- CIS Discussion and Q & A
Gina Amato, Public Counsel, LA
Maria Baldini-Potermin, Baldini-Potermin & Assocs, Chicago
Michelle Carey, LA Center for Law & Justice (unconfirmed)
Emily Creighton, USCIS Ombudsmans Office
Cecelia Friedman Levin, ASISTA
Esther Limb, Her Justice, NYC
Hans Meyer, Meyer Law Office, Denver, CO
Patricia Medige, Colorado Legal Services, Denver
Gail Pendleton, ASISTA
Jessica Salisbury, USCIS, Office of Policy & Strategy
Christine Swenson, Swenson Law Office, Centennial CO
6.25 hours of Colorado MCLE approval pending approval by the State Bar of Colorado.
- Non Profit/Legal Assistant = $200 (includes ASISTA members who are non profits)
- ASISTA/NIPNLG Members = $250
- Private Attorneys = $300
- DOJ OVW grantees may ask their grant managers if they can use their training funds to attend, but this training is NOT funded by OVW. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Not a member? JOIN NOW!