There is no way to spot an abuser in a crowd because they come from all walks of life. There is no typical demographic or psychological profile for an abuser. They do, however, engage in similar behaviors.
Some of the subtle warning signs include:
- They may insist on moving too quickly into a relationship.
- They can be very charming and may seem too good to be true.
- They might insist that their partner stop participating in leisure activities or spending time with family and friends.
- They can be extremely jealous or controlling.
- They may not take responsibility for their actions and blame others for everything that goes wrong.
- They might criticize their partner’s appearance and make frequent put-downs.
- Their words and actions may not match.
Any one of these behaviors may not indicate abusive actions, but it’s important to know the red flags and take time to explore them.
Leave A Comment