Website Violence Free Colorado
Position: Community Impact Coordinator, Denver
Reports to: Community Impact Manager
Classification: Exempt/40 hrs/wk
Compensation: $45,500-48,500 (DOE), plus competitive benefits (medical, vision, dental, retirement contribution, generous paid vacation and wellness leave, paid parking/public transportation subsidy, and more).
Advancing the well-being of all Coloradans through relationships free from abuse and oppression. That’s the mission of Violence Free Colorado and it truly describes our work. Violence Free Colorado is building an inclusive, social change organization with leadership development opportunities for all to facilitate shared responsibilities and power.
Position Purpose: The Community Impact Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Community Impact Manager in planning, developing, implementing and monitoring Violence Free Colorado’s strategic communications, and prevention strategies and projects, and assisting with membership administrative duties. The focus is on advancing the capacity of the Coalition and members for impactful communication with the public, increasing public understanding of and action on relationship violence and intersecting oppressions, and the spectrum of awareness to prevention efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategic communications and technical assistance
- Coordinate organizational and Stand Up Colorado Campaign communication activities to accomplish the strategic communication goals of both
- Write press releases and pitch stories to the media as needed
- Work with Community Impact Manager and Public Policy Director to develop, execute and revise public policy communications plan as needed
- Produce annual impact report, interim impact reports and other special reports as needed
- Maintain brand consistency and integrity in messaging, timing and look across print and digital platforms
- Provide communications-related technical assistance (TA) to Stand Up Colorado Campaign sites, partners, Violence Free Colorado members and the public as needed
Social media and website
- Manage social media presence through existing social media outlets, and develop best practices and strategies for new platforms in coordination with Community Impact Manager
- Manage website presence and serve as primary liaison with technical support team
- Create two monthly eNewsletters and blog posts
- Work with Executive Director to ensure timely completion of administrative tasks related to new and renewing members, payment processing, membership reports and data updates
Stand Up Colorado Campaign
- Implement integrated social media strategy in coordination with Community Impact Manager
- Connect with Campaign sites and partners to manage social media campaigns, share opportunities to post on relevant sites, develop fresh content and mobilize behind community engagement efforts and promotions
- Identify and implement social media advertising for Campaign engagement as needed
- Work with Campaign staff and consultants to ensure consistency in messaging, timing and look of Campaign communication tools
- Monitor, analyze, review and report effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of Campaign communications to maximize Campaign results and satisfy funding requirements
- Represent Violence Free Colorado on outside committees, and at statewide and national events or conferences as needed
- Participate in organizational and professional development activities
- Assist Coalition staff in other projects and duties to support Violence Free Colorado’s mission
- Three years in communications, public relations or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Proven track record of delivering successful social media campaigns that raise awareness, increase understanding, and engage community
- Experience using Google Analytics and demonstrated program evaluation experience
- In-depth knowledge of social media destinations and audiences, and how they can maximize the effectiveness of social change campaigns
- Demonstrated experience with impactful print and digital content creation
- Knowledgeable of new and traditional marketing channels
- WordPress website content management experience
- Experience using Emma, or similar online newsletter platform
- Valid Colorado Driver’s license and insurance. Driving is required as position involves statewide travel and occasional overnight stays.
- One year of any combination of work study, volunteer or paid experience in the anti-gender-based violence movement, social change and/or prevention work, preferably in the nonprofit sector
- Ability to speak, write and edit in Spanish
E.O.E. – Violence Free Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of this position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by a person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements to the work of the Coalition and are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Violence Free Colorado is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, and the review process begins Sept. 13, 2019.Please send your resume, cover letter, three references (two professional) and a writing sample to:
Tamika Matthews, Community Impact Manager
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com