Website Gateway Domestic Violence
General Statement of Duties: The Employment Specialist is responsible for supporting clients/residents with all matters related to an employment process. Duties include recruitment and finding jobs for all Gateway clients/residents who are in need. Also, vetting possible job leads for clients/residents and building community and business partnerships with potential employers. This position will work to match jobs for clients/residents that specifically suit their skills and talents. They are responsible for ensuring that employment placement meets the needs for moving clients/residents lives forward in a self-sufficient and empowering manner.
Compensation: $37,000/year + $500 hiring bonus + robust benefits package. In 2021, Gateway will pay for 80% of employee’s health insurance plan, 100% of vision, dental is less than $25/month, 100% of life insurance and 100% of EAP. Employees also have an individual budget for professional development, an individual budget for selfcare, and a work-from-home stipend. Other benefits include holidays off, vacation/sick/comp time, and 3 bonus “mental health/selfcare” days off per year.
Supervision Received: Works under the general supervision of Residential Director – SOUTH
Supervision Exercised:Oversees and supervises all client/resident employment activities. Meets with all Directors of Programs and Deputy Director on a regular basis. Assists with orienting new employees and relief staff to employment resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Employment Specialist will have the ability to match applicants with job openings. Another skill is organization as the Employment Specialist will need to keep everything in line. They also need to be able to effectively communicate with potential employees to find their skills.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Match job openings to job candidates
· Trauma-informed trained
· Understands how socials inequities, such as racial inequities, create barriers to housing
· Monitor job retention rate
· Work with employers to understand their needs
· Work with candidates to understand their skill set
· Administer skill tests to candidates
· Conduct mock interviews
· Revise resumes to help the candidate find a job
· Recommend training to job candidates
· Assist in obtaining vital documents
· Provide bus passes to interview/work
· Be aware of openings and advocate for hiring of Gateway clients/residents
· Knowledge of businesses and corporations
· Assist in providing soft skills trainings such as, computer literacy
· Coordinate financial literacy activities
· Great communication skills
· Top notch organizational skills
· Ability to conduct mock interviews
· Resume writing skills
· Ability to match candidates with job openings
· Proficiency working with Microsoft suite
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Ability to collaborate with employers and candidates
· Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of population served
· Knowledge of local employment resources/job board/partner agencies
· Ability to navigate work-from-home technology and programs: Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office, and other business systems.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Sociology, Human Services or related field of study; Bilingual in Spanish is preferred, but not required.
Experience: 2+ years’ of experience in recent similar position and responsibility. A combination of education and work may be taken into consideration.
Work Environment: During the COVID-19 pandemic emergency period, this position will work from home and provide housing case management remotely. At a to-be-determined date, this position will work with guests in both of Gateway’s safehouses. The nature of domestic violence work may subject the employee to potentially threatening situations from time to time. Work is fast-paced and requires a person who works well under pressure.
Gateway Domestic Violence Service’s Policy of Nondiscrimination:It is the policy of Gateway Domestic Violence Services to provide services, hire employees, and recruit volunteers without regard to race, color, age, religious beliefs, national origin, actual or perceived sex including gender identity, gender expression, immigration status, creed, ethnicity, disability, actual or perceived sexual orientation, level of education, spoken language, financial status, military status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
Salary Range: $36,000 -$ 38,000
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com