Website PeaceWorks, Inc.
Position: Bilingual Crisis and Resource Advocate / Defensor Bilingüe de Crisis y Recursos
Position Type: Part-time (20 hours/week, 80% remote)
Compensation: $18.50 per hour
Benefits: Eligible for benefits including pro-rated vacation and sick time off with pay and fringe benefits.
Hours: Flexible, weekend hours will be required. Schedule will be coordinated with the Executive Director and other direct service staff.
Summary: Bilingual Crisis and Resource Advocate / Defensor Bilingüe de Crisis y Recursos position provides some crisis and resource line coverage (advocacy), shelter fill-in, program assessments, intakes, safety planning, VRA and Victim Compensation education, information and referrals and follow-up. Bilingual Crisis and Resource Advocate – is responsible for developing resources for information and referral and developing partnerships for resources. Reporting and tracking interaction will all callers and non-residential clients. The position is also responsible for developing the systems to support the crisis and resource line and promoting the lines throughout the community.
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and continually improve the agency’s crisis line and wellness & resource line offerings
- Oversee the selection, training, evaluation, retention, and service hour documentation for all crisis line and wellness & resource line volunteers
- Develop a schedule for the crisis line and wellness & resource line and assure full staffing
- Oversee the answering service and determine call flow and process to best meet client needs
- Document and submit records related to crisis line and wellness & resource lines volunteer service, call statistics and callers in a timely manner, assure all data required by grantors is in the system
- Develop, compile, and regularly update resources for information and referrals for clients
- Assure PeaceWorks’ crisis line and wellness & resource line are marketed with partner agencies in the community and other domestic violence & sexual assault agencies
- Assure PeaceWorks is adhering to best practices in our crisis line and wellness & resource line operations
- Complete assessments and intakes as needed for clients accessing safe shelter and provide back-up for the Client Advocate
- Perform other duties related to the position as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of domestic violence, sexual assault, sex trafficking, stalking, teen dating violence, and other intimate partner abuse
- Knowledge of or ability to learn about Federal and Colorado regulations and statutes protecting victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, sex trafficking, staking, teen dating violence, and other intimate partner abuse
- Knowledge or ability to learn about Protection Orders, Victim’s Rights and Victim’s Compensation
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications, online storage applications, e-mail, and internet applications
- Client advocacy and service skills
- Flexible, non-judgmental attitude toward victims or domestic violence and sexual assault required
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member
- Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities
- Employee must be available to work as needed, including some nights and weekends (80% remote)
- Must pass criminal background check
- Valid Driver’s License
For a full job description including please visit: https://peaceworksinc.co/careers/
*PeaceWorks is an equal opportunity employer*
Email: cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org