Website Project Safeguard
Grants Coordinator Job Description
Our Mission: Project Safeguard empowers and partners with people who have experienced gender-based violence, helping them navigate a course of survivor-driven justice through expert, trauma-informed legal advocacy, and representation. See more at www.psghelps.org
What We Do: Project Safeguard (PSG) supports survivors of gender-based violence on their journey to increase safety for themselves and their families. We do this by providing non-attorney legal advocacy and attorney services which may include civil protection orders, divorce, and custody cases, and/or immigration relief.
The Opportunity: Project Safeguard seeks a full-time Grants Coordinator to assist in writing, monitoring and reporting on government and foundation grants. The person in this role is responsible for growing and sustaining Project Safeguards grants program and reports the Executive Director. This is a salaried, exempt position.
About Our Work Culture: Project Safeguard truly believes in work/life balance and values the wellbeing of its staff. We support a hybrid or remote work culture of designated roles. A position with Project Safeguard presents the opportunity to work with a diverse and dedicated team that makes a valuable difference in our community.
What You Will Do:
- With the Executive Director, develops and implements a plan to increase the organization’s revenue through government and foundation grants.
- Perform independent research for seeking out, researching, and persuasively writing and coordinating the grant application process.
- Complete grant applications for federal, state, local and private funding sources.
- Work with ED and Program Directors in the consideration and evaluation of requests from staff for projects and programs that require funding.
- Attend presentations with funders to explain and defend funding requests.
Grant Reporting and Monitoring
- Serve as Project Director on all grants, ensuring each project and program meets proposal conditions and expectations.
- Serve as a point of contact with funders. Work to develop strong relationships with grant managers and foundation program officers.
- Gather necessary data from Project Safeguard’s database, Salesforce CAFE. Prepare and submit all programmatic and financial grant reports in accordance with established due dates.
- Work with staff to ensure accuracy of data collection and financial reporting. Provide training to team members on necessary data collection.
- Monitor grant budgets and work plans. Request and complete grant modifications as necessary, including budget and programs objectives.
- Manage on-site visits and grant audits, including preparation of required information.
- Maintain grant folders and records for current and historical grants.
- Prepare written and statistical reports for marking and branding, including an Annual Report.
- Manage social media and create monthly agency newsletter.
- Participate in all staff and leadership team meetings.
What You Will Bring to Our Organization
NOTE: Applicants do not need to possess all the qualifications below. Research shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs where they do not meet all the qualifications. If you meet most of these qualifications, please apply.
- Proven record of accomplishment with grant writing and grant monitoring. At least three years of grant administration experience required with strong knowledge of federal, state, and local grant programs including Office on Violence Against Women, Victims of Crime Act, DVP, and VALE.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required. A combination of education and experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Initiative and drive for ensuring funding for Project Safeguard through government and foundation grants.
- Strong commitment to PSG’s mission.
- Experience in working in Salesforce database or similar client database with ability to create and generate reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Share Point, One Drive) and Teams.
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills and ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences. Excellent written and communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Success cultivating strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and creating partnerships.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States, which will be verified via Federal E-Verify program.
- Pre-employment background check required.
The Successful Candidate
- Has ability to work with great independence, while coordinating with others throughout the organization.
- Brings positive energy and drive to succeed.
- Has unquestionable personal integrity and credibility are necessary to gain the trust and commitment of stakeholders.
- Has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) and a commitment to ensuring an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace.
What Project Safeguard Offers:
- The hiring range for this position is $62,000-$65,000 for a 36-hour work week. Project Safeguard closes at noon on Fridays.
- PSG offers excellent benefits, including
- 100% coverage of an employee’s health, dental and vision insurance. Insurance for dependents is available at cost to employees
- Colorado FAMLI leave.
- Short- and Long-term Disability
- Employer paid life insurance
- SIMPLE IRA program, with 3% employer match
- Generous time off
- 7 paid holidays, plus four (4) floating holidays and Birthday paid day off.
- The agency is closed during the week of Thanksgiving and the last two weeks of the year. This is paid time, not using PTO.
- Employees earn vacation (60 hours accrued in first year) and Wellness Leave (10 hours accrued monthly up to 120 hours maximum)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parking or public transportation pass.
Location: Rose Andom Center, 1330 Fox Street, Denver, CO with some travel throughout the Denver Metro Area. This position offers flexibility as to schedule and location (including the ability to work from home part of the time) as responsibilities allow.
To Apply: Email resume and letter of interest to Jody Curl, Executive Director. email@example.com Applications accepted through February 23, 2024.
Project Safeguard is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative measures to ensure again discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org