Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence
Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence (SPAN)
Spanish Bilingual Training & Engagement Coordinator
Safehouse Progressive Alliance for Nonviolence (SPAN) is a human rights organization committed to ending violence against adults, youth, and children through support, advocacy, education, and community organizing. SPAN consciously and continuously strives to create a diverse and inclusive organization. We are dedicated to the promotion of social justice, equity, inclusivity, peace and non-violence for all individuals and their families.
The Spanish Bilingual Training & Engagement Coordinator supports the development, coordination, and implementation of SPAN’s training and educational programming and advocacy support services in the community and within the organization. Coordinates SPAN’s community organizing, outreach and engagement efforts.
• Coordinates internal trainings and skill building opportunities for onboarding and professional development of SPAN staff and continued education for SPAN interns and volunteers.
• Manages volunteer recruitment/outreach, training, and supervision in conjunction with other SPAN program coordinators.
• Provides community trainings related to violence-prevention, intervention, and anti-oppression curriculum, including in-person presentations, seminars, virtual, and recorded platforms.
• Coordinates SPAN staff preparedness to facilitate community trainings as well.
• Serves as agency liaison along with other Education Program staff to county school district personnel and other community stakeholders regarding violence prevention and intervention awareness and training.
• Coordinates community engagement and outreach efforts, including booth/tabling & presentations in conjunction with other program coordinators.
• Cultivates new and strengthens existing collaborative partnerships within the community to assure community organizing and collaborative efforts.
• Support ongoing development, design, and implementation of violence-prevention and intervention curricula, programs and services. Provides support and assistance for advocacy staff with direct client services as needed.
• Assists with training and support for advocacy services regarding response strategies to support survivors involved in the legal system.
• Assists with data collection, management, and analysis as it relates to prevention and intervention training/educational outcomes; tracks and reports on trends, concerns, issues.
• Completes all necessary record keeping, including monthly reports, timesheets, and monthly statistics.
• Maintains relationships with program directors and coordinators to ensure cross-team collaboration and communication and adherence to policy and protocols across programs.
• Supports an organizational environment based in respect, the utilization of ethical communication, and adherence to the organization’s non-negotiables.
• Reports to/supervised by Advocacy/Education Program Director; participates in regular supervision, staff meetings, and programmatic meetings.
• Other duties as assigned by Advocacy/Education Program Director or Executive Director.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in education, human/social services and/or IPV advocacy/services required.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in related work required.
• Strong written and oral communication skills required.
• Spanish-English bilingual fluency required. Cultural competency, “cultural broker” experience preferred
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and community-building skills.
• Experience in community organizing around social justice, particularly the intersections of domestic violence and issues of race, gender, sexuality, ability, immigration and socioeconomics.
• Knowledge of and experience implementing Transformative and Restorative Justice practices
• Strong working knowledge of the dynamics of IPV, trauma-informed, survivor-centered service delivery, resources available to survivors of violence.
• Comfortable/competent working autonomously as well as working in teams.
• Computer skills, competence in MS Office, Google Docs, and video-conferencing platforms. Competency in Salesforce software a plus.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Full time $41,000/annually ($40,000 base + $1,000/annually for Spanish language requirement); excellent benefits including subsidized health insurance, reduced-rate Eco-Pass, generous vacation time, and work in a dynamic and diverse setting. SPAN is an EOE employer and strongly commitment to Affirmative Action.
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Resume review begins immediately. No calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org