Activities from 2014 (click on each link to find out more)
Thank you to those who joined us at our DVAM Kickoff Event on October 6, 2014!
DVAM Display Posters
Download and print these DVAM awareness posters. The QR code links to this website page so viewers can connect directly to this year’s DVAM activities and events.
Art and Awareness
Lights! Camera! Action!
How will YOU shine the light on domestic violence?
We encourage you to participate in Domestic Violence Awareness Month 2014 by creating a message to shine a light on domestic violence.
Here’s how to do it:
2. Post your statement (in a picture with you or on it’s own) on Violence Free Colorado’s Facebook page, on Instagram @ccadv1 (don’t forget to tag us!), or email them to apohl(at)violencefreeco.org.
3. Once you’ve posted your statement, encourage your friends to step into the spotlight and do the same. Use one of these sample Facebook post:
- Help Shine a Light on Domestic Violence by posting your own #MessageInMotion! Find our more at https://www.violencefreecolorado.org/be-involved/dvawarenessmonth/media-project/
- “Help me set the message in motion…Change your profile picture to a purple ribbon to support Domestic Violence Awareness Month!”
We’ll be collecting your statements throughout the month of October.
Questions to consider in creating your shining light statement:
Wanna Do More?
1. Consider this journaling exercise.
Do it on your own or in your support group.
Questions to consider writing about:
*What was the final cut that led you to leave your relationship?
*What is the next scene in your story?
*What would the movie title of your life be? Then, what is your movie poster tag line?
*Who is the hero or heroine in your story?
*What does your happy ending look like and feel like?
2. Change your FB profile picture to a purple ribbon. Encourage your friends to do the same!