Violence Free Colorado’s Public Policy Committee
Join Violence Free Colorado’s Public Policy Committee today! All are welcome regardless of experience with public policy. Although we appreciate your membership in Violence Free Colorado to support our work, the Committee is open to members and non-members alike. The Committee directly reviews, discusses, and takes action on legislation and other policy matters that relate to domestic violence. The Committee provides guidance and support to Violence Free Colorado’s Public Policy Director regarding:
- Public policy and decision-making about domestic violence issues on the state and federal level;
- How systems can better respond to survivors of domestic violence and their children;
- Ways to collaborate with the legislative, executive and judicial branches of government and with other community organizations to create systems change;
- Responses to legislation that impacts abused adults and children; &
- Proactive legislation, including how other states have addressed similar issues.
The Public Policy Committee meets on the second Wednesday of the month at Violence Free Colorado’s Denver office. Participation by conference call is available for anyone who is unable to attend in person. Please email lwaligorski(at)violencefreeco.org for more information.