Levels of Membership
Violence Free Colorado has 3 levels of membership eligibility:
- Domestic Violence Program: an agency or organization which holds a 501.c.3 designation from the Internal Revenue Service or is a Tribe or a Tribal Program; provides direct crisis intervention and advocacy services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence and/or stalking; whose advocates are subject to the provision of the victim advocate privilege statute CRS 13-90-107 (1)(K), and who supports the mission, vision and values of the Coalition. APPLY NOW
- Community Partner: agency or organization that works directly or indirectly with victims or perpetrators of domestic violence, sexual assault, teen dating violence and/or stalking and/or are working to reduce domestic violence through education, public policy or social change, and supports the mission, vision and values of the Coalition, but does not meet the qualifications of a Domestic Violence Program. APPLY NOW
- Individuals: Individual persons who support the mission, vision and values of the Coalition and who wish to be affiliated with those addressing issues of domestic violence, sexual assault, teen dating violence and/or stalking. APPLY NOW
To be a member you must pay for the level of membership at which you qualify. Domestic Violence Programs will only be accepted for membership at the Domestic Violence Program level. There are limited scholarships available for whom full Violence Free Colorado dues present a financial hardship. Please contact Violence Free Colorado’s Communications and Membership Director for information (membership(at)violencefreeco.org).
- The annual cost of membership for Domestic Violence Programs is .3% of your domestic violence program budget and is capped at $1,000. (.003 x DV program expense budget).
- The cost of membership for Community Partners is $250 annually.
- The cost of membership for Individuals is $100 annually.