Levels of Membership
Violence Free Colorado has 4 levels of membership eligibility:
- Domestic Violence Program: an agency or organization which holds a 501.c.3 designation from the Internal Revenue Service or is a Tribe or a Tribal Program; provides direct crisis intervention and advocacy services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, dating violence and/or stalking; whose advocates are subject to the provision of the victim advocate privilege statute CRS 13-90-107 (1)(K), and who supports the mission, vision and values of the Coalition. APPLY NOW
- Community Partner: agency or organization that works directly or indirectly with victims or perpetrators of domestic violence, sexual assault, teen dating violence and/or stalking and/or are working to reduce domestic violence through education, public policy or social change, and supports the mission, vision and values of the Coalition, but does not meet the qualifications of a Domestic Violence Program. APPLY NOW
- Individuals: Individual persons who support the mission, vision and values of the Coalition and who wish to be affiliated with those addressing issues of domestic violence, sexual assault, teen dating violence and/or stalking. APPLY NOW
- Students: Individual persons who are currently students and who support the mission, vision and values of the Coalition and who wish to be affiliated with those addressing issues of domestic violence, sexual assault, teen dating violence and/or stalking. APPLY NOW
New applications go to the corresponding region of existing members for a vote to approve/deny the new member application. Please provide information in your application so that existing members can understand your interest in Violence Free Colorado membership and make an informed decision when voting on your application. We do not share the address, email address, or phone numbers of applicants when sending out the application to members for the vote, but we do share applicants’ full names with voting members.
To be a member you must pay for the level of membership at which you qualify. Domestic Violence Programs will only be accepted for membership at the Domestic Violence Program level. There are scholarships available for whom dues present a financial hardship. Please fill out this form at the same time you submit your membership application if you would like to be considered for a scholarship.
- The annual cost of membership for Domestic Violence Programs is .3% of your domestic violence program budget and is capped at $1,000. (.003 x DV program expense budget).
- Community Partners – $250 annually
- Individuals – $100 annually
- Students – $25 annually
If you have questions about membership with Violence Free Colorado, please contact the Community Impact Team at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest!