Our Vision: A Colorado culture that values and upholds healthy relationships based in equity and respect.
- We respect the inherent strengths and self-determination of survivors
- We lead in partnership with survivors, heeding their experiences, and amplifying their voices
- We strive to end relationship abuse by taking bold, courageous actions
- We pursue social justice, knowing that equity is essential to ending relationship abuse
- We advance equality by challenging power-based perceptions, assumptions, and behaviors
- We mobilize grassroots activism to create systems and attitudes that are free of oppression
- We uphold advocacy and social change as essential to advancing our movement
- We act honestly and fairly, even in the face of adversity
Founded in 1977, Violence Free Colorado is our state’s domestic violence coalition We work with hundreds of organizations and individuals in local communities across the state to prevent and end relationship violence, and support those affected by relationship abuse. We build the capacity of a diverse network of domestic violence and other community-based programs across Colorado to help them effectively assist survivors of relationship violence and their families. Our goal is to improve individual and community health and well-being through statewide visionary advocacy and social change efforts, supporting our members, and informing the public.