Website Project Safeguard
The Denver Bilingual Legal Advocate provides culturally responsive legal information, assistance, safety planning and referrals to domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking (gender-based violence) victims. This position provides services in the Project Safeguard office at the Denver County Courthouse and at the Rose Andom Center near Downtown Denver.
The successful candidate for this position will ensure that Project Safeguard’s services are appropriate, accessible, and available to Spanish-speaking individuals and must be able to accomplish all required job responsibilities in both English and Spanish.
- Provide intervention, assistance, safety planning and referrals to victims of gender-based violence by phone and in-person
- Provide culturally responsive legal information, assistance, safety planning and referrals to victims of gender-based violence.
- Provide daily civil protection order assistance and accompany clients to temporary and permanent protection order hearings and other court proceedings as appropriate
- Facilitate Divorce/Custody clinics in rotation with other legal advocates
- Coordinate services with Project Safeguard’s legal advocates located at the Denver County Courthouse and Rose Andom Center.
- Maintain a close working relationship with other Project Safeguard staff for support and exchange of resources and best practices.
- Attend and participate in all required Project Safeguard meetings.
- Network, coordinate, and advocate with other advocacy programs, service providers and agencies on behalf of Project Safeguard and its clients.
- Establish/maintain a positive working relationship with judicial officers, clerks and courthouse staff.
- Provide technical assistance and training to agencies on Project Safeguard services and/or gender-based violence.
- Maintain accurate and current client and programmatic records, data, and statistics as required, utilizing the Salesforce database system.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience working with survivors of gender-based violence or knowledge of the issues.
- Basic understanding of the civil legal system.
- Ability to work independently.
- Commitment to social justice and equity.
Project Safeguard values diverse life experience and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Survivors of intimate partner violence, people of color, people with disabilities, and/or people who identify as LGBTQI+ are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Starting salary is $20.30/hour for a 36-hour work week. Benefits include parking or transit pass, health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and employer-matched retirement plan.
TO APPLY: Please email cover letter and resume to Jennifer Eyl, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com