Website Rose Andom Center
The Rose Andom Center, Colorado’s first family justice center, is a survivor-centered, trauma-informed collaborative that cultivates hope for individuals and families impacted by intimate partner abuse.
The Resource Advocate plays a crucial role in the operations of the Rose Andom Center by serving as a victim’s first and primary point of contact to connect with services. The Bilingual Resource Advocate provides the initial intake, conducts a risk assessment, and develops a service plan with the client. They assist clients in navigating resources and referrals to our partners, which include 16 nonprofits and 6 systems-based agencies who collaborate to serve victims at the Center.
The Bilingual Resource Advocate is required to address a variety of client needs, including those of clients in crisis, ranging from short-term safety planning to connections for long-term life stabilization. Necessary traits of a successful candidate for this position include an awareness of the complexity of intimate partner violence and related issues, the ability to maintain extremely high levels of confidentiality, intuitive problem-solving abilities, and strong interpersonal skills, facilitating positive connections with a broad range of agency partners.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct initial screening with clients entering the Rose Andom Center to assess if they are appropriate for onsite services.
• Meet with clients to complete all initial paperwork, conduct initial risk assessment, discuss confidentiality parameters, and review the full spectrum of services available to clients at the Rose Andom Center. Work with each client to identify services needed; facilitating connection to access services with appropriate service partners.
• After initial intake and/or referral to agency partners, the Resource Advocate assists with guiding clients’ access to additional services as requested to address their short and long-term needs.
• Serve as a single point of contact for the client’s navigation and access to services at the Rose Andom Center.
• Track data of Rose Andom Center clients and partner referrals.
• Promote interaction with volunteers and participate in volunteer trainings as needed.
• Work closely and cooperatively in a team setting with Rose Andom Center staff, Agency Partners and volunteers.
• Participate in the multidisciplinary high risk DV Team as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in human service-related field required; additional related education or experience that clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position may be considered.
• Minimum 2 years providing direct services to individuals who have experienced trauma.
• Prior experience or demonstrated knowledge of domestic violence dynamics and crisis intervention.
• Prior experience in client services.
• Bilingual in Spanish & English. This position requires that you perform client sessions in Spanish.
• Basic counseling, crisis management, and de-escalation skills.
• Knowledge of human service delivery systems and systems advocacy responsibilities; knowledge of the criminal justice system as it relates to domestic violence and related sexual assault.
• Awareness of the domestic violence community and resources.
• Familiarity with the Family Justice Center movement and model of service delivery.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to prioritize and work independently, while participating as a strong collaborative team member with a culturally diverse team of staff, volunteers, and clients.
• High level of personal organization, patience, calm under pressure, and ability to hold firm boundaries.
• Successful completion of a criminal background check.
Compensation: $47,071 – $50,161
To apply: Send Resume and cover letter to Jobs@nullroseandomcenter.org, with Bilingual Resource Advocate in subject line.
The Rose Andom Center offers a comprehensive benefits package with 100% employer-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance and a generous paid-time-off (PTO) policy plus 12 holidays. Additionally, we offer optional participation in a SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with immediate vesting, employer contribution (currently 2%), and access to personal financial advising services.
The Rose Andom Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com