Website Rose Andom Center
The Rose Andom Center, Colorado’s first family justice center, is a survivor-centered, trauma-informed collaborative that cultivates hope for individuals and families impacted by intimate partner abuse.
The Bilingual Child & Youth Program Assistant will help support the Pathways and Camp Hope America-Colorado program, along with other child and youth events and programming, with a focus on building programming for High Adventure youth. Camp Hope and Pathways is an evidence-based program for youth who have been impacted by violence. This involves monthly group mentoring events and a summer week-long sleep away camp. Day-to-day activities will involve connecting with families to offer support to resources, conducting intakes with new families and participants, and helping to run and facilitate group events like Pathways. In addition, this role will be key in offering support at camp by helping to run camp programming and offering behavioral and emotional support for campers and support for camp counselors.
Status: Part Time (Non-Exempt)
Hours: 20 hours a week. Flexible but must be available Monday-Friday, between 9-5pm with some evening and weekend hours. Must have full time availability for the week of Camp Hope, August 5-10, 2024.
Title: Bilingual Child & Youth Program Assistant
Reports to: Child & Youth Services Program Manager
Hourly Rate: $20-22/hour plus language differential
Location: The Rose Andom Center and one week at Camp Shady Brook in Deckers, CO
About the Program: Camp HOPE America is the first evidence-based camping and mentoring program in the United States to focus on children and teens exposed to domestic violence. The mission of Camp HOPE is to give youth a brighter future by creating pathways to hope and healing.
Pathways is the year-round component of the Camp HOPE America program. Its main goal is to mitigate the impact of trauma on children with high Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) through positive social interactions within a hope-centered community.
Job Description: The Bilingual Child & Youth Program (CYP) Assistant will work closely with the Child & Youth Program Manager in the development of Pathways activities and Camp Hope, and in the further development of the Rose Andom Center’s child and youth programming. The CYP Assistant will also connect with participants (ages 7-16) as a mentor. The CYP Assistant should be prepared to offer emotional support and guidance to participants and some resource advocacy to caregivers. This role involves additional leadership responsibility as the CYP Assistant will help with camp planning, collecting and organizing necessary paperwork from caregivers (for camp), offer support and guidance to counselors during the week of camp and communicating any challenges or concerns to the Child & Youth Services Program Manager.
Advocacy and Mentorship:
• Form trusting relationships and rapport with participants and their caregivers.
• Provide consistent, impactful, and trauma-informed mentorship to participating youth
• Provide referrals, resource information and research for caregivers and participants.
• Connect caregiver to Navigation or the Resource Advocate team when IPV concerns arise for a family/caregiver.
• Offer monthly or bi-monthly check-ins with Pathways parents and caregivers to assess needs, receive feedback on the program, provide partner referrals and resource research as needed.
• Occasionally attend direct service staff meetings to stay up to date on resources and referral processes.
• Conduct Intakes with new families, help CYP Manager assess participant readiness for Camp Hope.
• Follow up with disengaged Pathways families.
Assistance in Programming:
• Assist in planning and implementation of Pathways and other child and youth program events
• Assist CYP Manager in designing High Adventure (teen) program based on the participants’ feedback and interests
• Assist the CYP Manager in developing a data tracking system for RAC Children and Youth programming
• Assist CYP Manager with Camp Hope surveys and sending it to Camp Hope America team
• Assist CYP Manager in camp staff and hope coach trainings by leading portions of the trainings and creating some training content, based on expertise, interest, etc.
• Assist CYP Manager with Camp Hope programming (planning games, activities, crafts, etc.)
• Assist CYP Manager in screening and interviewing Camp Hope Counselors
• Work closely and cooperatively in a team setting with Rose Andom Center staff, interns, and volunteers
• Complete all other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field
• Bi-lingual Spanish speaking
• Live in the Denver Metro area year-round
• Availability for monthly Thursday evening and Saturday availability for Pathways events
• Must have full time availability to attend Camp Hope America-Colorado August 5th-10th, and some availability Monday-Friday 9-5pm
• Experience working with survivors of intimate partner violence and demonstrated knowledge of domestic violence dynamics and their impact on children in the home
• Basic knowledge of Denver area resources
• Knowledge of the Family Justice Center model
o 20 hours a week with full 24/7 availability for the week of camp
• Passion for working with youth impacted by trauma
• Screening process includes:
o Reference check
o Background check with finger printing
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to prioritize and work independently, while participating as a strong collaborative team member with a culturally diverse team of staff, volunteers, and clients
• High level of professionalism and integrity
• Highly adaptable and willing to learn
• Commitment to social justice and survivor advocacy
• Cultural competency and understanding of intersectionality, willing to engage in ongoing justice, diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work
• Bilingual English and Spanish required and bicultural skillset or proficiency in other languages highly desired
Training and Support:
• 8-hour training and ongoing support on:
• Domestic violence dynamics
• Family Justice Center principals
• Trauma informed care
• De-escalation and crisis intervention for children
• Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
• Hope Research / Hope Theory
• Mentorship and/or clinical social work field supervision from Children & Youth Program Manager
To apply: Please email your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Bilingual Child & Youth Program Assistant. The Rose Andom Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com